The process that leads to the acquisition of lawful permanent residency under the EB-5 Visa program typically unfolds as follows:
- Determine the investor’s eligibility for the EB-5 visa
- Evaluation of EB-5 projects based on suitability to the investor’s objectives
- Preparation and submission of I-526 petition
- Wait while USCIS review the petition
- Acquisition of conditional lawful permanent residence status through 1) adjustment of status in the U.S. from another U.S. visa type, or 2) receipt of EB-5 entry visa through overseas consulate and receipt of “green card” upon entry to the U.S.
- Removal of conditions (after 21 – 24 months) on LPR status and receipt of 10 year green card
- N-400 application for U.S. citizenship (eligibility begins five years after receipt of the first “conditional” green card)
See our flow chart below for more details.